In the past, we’ve found the best way to get started is by planning out your work week in Cooperate.
We've come up with a few simple steps to get you up and running in no time.
You can also use these steps to plan out a specific Project, Campaign or Event.
1. Create a Project
Let's get started with a Project. Projects are the core planning area for your marketing activities, such as Campaigns and Events.
First, we'll just create a 'Planner' type of Project. A Planner is just a board with lists and tasks.
To do this:
- Open the Projects section in the menu
- Select + New Project
- Name your Project (eg: Weekly WIP)
- Select the Planner Project type
- Select Create Project
2. Add more Project information
Now it's time to add more granular information about your Project at hand. This is key for ensuring your work is reflected accurately in the Calendar.
To do this, you'll need to edit the Project settings
- Next to your Project title select the ...
- Select Edit
3. Fill out all the information as best you can.
4. Timeframe is critical - You can choose a specific timeframe or choose BAU for Projects that are around Business as Usual
3. Add Tasks to represent your work
Now, let's create a Task to represent what you are working on and any looming deadlines.
To do this:
- Select the + icon in the far right
- Select Task
- Give your Task a title that relates to a piece of work (eg: Plan my week, Write blog piece)
- Choose what List you want to add the Task to (according to its status)
- Select Create Task
Now you can add more details to the Task at hand.
- If you like, you can use the description to give more information about the task
- Ensure you assign yourself to the task, especially if you want to get the best out of the Calendar.
- You can add a label, which will help you categorise what type of things you're working on. For example: Content, Social, Admin.
- Add an expected Start Date and Due date (this is also key for using the calendar)
- Then you can add a Priority, Channels, Brands
- You can also add an attachment - this might be a document, an image, or even a link
- When you're done Select Save
Great! You've created your first task. You can keep adding all your tasks for the week and move them through lists.
4. Get oversight with the Calendar
In your Weekly WIP board, you'll notice a Calendar tab. Select this to see all your work on the Calendar.
5. Collaborate with your team
6. Work better together
Keep going until you've added all your Projects, Campaigns or any other marketing activities and have an accurate reflection of your work.